Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer's documentation, all unused and refurbished goods delivered to a UK mainland address carry a 12-month return to base manufacturer's warranty and accessories carry a limited lifetime warranty.
Hardware.com makes every effort to make sure that we ship the right product, to the right person, at the right time to the right place and at the right price. If something has changed or has gone wrong and you wish to return an item please raise an RMA request by agreeing to the terms and conditions below. This document explains our policies. Please note that there is a difference between Business Customers and Consumers (see Terms below).
Please be aware that any discrepancies between your order and the goods received must be flagged in within 2 days of receipt of the items.
- "Business Customer" means a customer who is not a Consumer.
- "Consumer" means an individual who is not acting for the purposes of his or her business or profession.
If a consumer or business account wishes to cancel a web order there will be no charge for doing so if you email us
, quoting the order reference number or your PO number, before the item is dispatched.
If the item has already been dispatched, then the best advice is do not open it when it arrives
. Customers may then arrange for it to be returned to us (at your expense) within 14 days of the goods arriving. Please ensure that your item is adequately re-packaged, preferably using the original outer packaging, otherwise a re-stocking fee of 25% may be applied.
The goods must be un-used and be received by us in a re-saleable condition including all accessories, packing etc. within fourteen days of the goods being signed for by the customer. You will be required to organize and pay for the return delivery and you should arrange insurance against loss or damage to the goods whilst in transit otherwise these could be your responsiblity.
Non-Faulty Returns Conditions
In the event that we, at our absolute discretion, agree to accept the return for credit of unwanted products, the Goods must be returned with our prior written agreement within fourteen days of delivery. The Goods must be unopened, with the manufacturers' seals intact
and in perfect re-saleable condition. All non-faulty returns are liable to a 25% restocking fee, unless incorrectly supplied by Hardware.com. Incorrectly supplied items must be returned in their original condition, or a re-stocking fee of 25% will be charged. Original condition: accessories, manuals, software, and warranties must be enclosed in their original packaging and be undamaged. Securely re-package the item/items in the same way they were sent to you.
Faulty Items Under Warranty
If you should encounter a fault, please raise an RMA request by agreeing to the terms and conditions below. You will need to quote our order number, the date of purchase, and the serial number of the faulty item. Once Hardware.com has confirmed that the faulty product is still under warranty, one of our engineers will try to resolve your problem over the phone or via remote access.
If the problem persists, an RMA Number will be issued, and you will need to follow our standard RMA procedure. Once the item has been returned, Hardware.com will test it and fix the problem. If the item cannot be repaired, Hardware.com will send out a replacement. Replacement hardware may be either new or equivalent to new and be identical or equivalent specification.
- Please raise an RMA request by agreeing to the terms and conditions below. This is required for the return of all items to Hardware.com regardless of the reason for return.
- Items should be returned in their original condition. All accessories, manuals, software, and warranties should also be enclosed in their original packaging and be undamaged.
- Once you have received your RMA number, securely re-package the items in the same way they were sent to you (ideally inside the original outer box). If the original box is marked or damaged in any way, a re-stocking fee of 25% may be applied.
- Do not write directly on the original box/packaging.
- Ensure the package has the RMA number clearly visible on the outer box, otherwise the package cannot be accepted.
- Using a label, ensure our full address is clearly displayed on the outside of the package:
Hardware.com, 7667 Cahill Road, Suite 400, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55439
- Once goods have been received and tested, we will return the replacement item to you within 10 days of receipt of the faulty item.
- Please note that any discrepancies between your PO and the goods received must be flagged within two days of receipt of the items.
Goods Damaged in Transit:
If goods are visibly damaged on receipt, it's very important to sign for the goods as damaged on arrival with the courier, and then contact us immediately at (866) 408-9273
or email us
. If items were damaged in transit, we request that you report it to us within two working days of delivery.
The following reasons can invalidate replacement hardware:
- The item is not faulty against the information given on the RMA form.
- The item has been tampered with or is physically damaged.
- The wrong software is being used.
Hardware.com reserves the right to charge 25% restocking fee if:
- There is any damage to the original packaging.
- There are missing components or accessories.
- If the item is not faulty when tested against the fault information provided on the RMA form.